Asked by Kyle from United States | Sep. 10, 2019 01:06
About:China Embassy in Japan

Do I need a transit visa? US passport

I am currently working in Fukushima. I plan to visit the UK in December. My flight is with China southern and my departure flight will have a 14 hour layover in Guangzhou which I believe is covered by the 72 hour travel without visa. However, after the layover I leave Guangzhou for London and will have a 2 hour stop in Sanya(SYX). The aircraft and airline will remain the same. Will I need to get a transit visa for this stop or am I still eligible for the 24 hour visa-free transit?
Thank you.

Answers (2)
Answered by Neil from USA | Sep. 11, 2019 17:53
if your total layover time Chinali is less than 24 hours, then you are eligible for the 24-hour visa free transit.
Answered by Ignacio from Argentina | Oct. 02, 2019 06:20
How can I apply for a 24-hour visa free transit?
Related Questions:
I like to go by train from HKG to Guangzhou, stay less than 24 hrs and go b...
Asked by Guenter from USA
| Sep. 09, 2015 22:43
I am lndian passport holder and going to us via China southern airline do i...
Asked by Nand Kishor from India
| Apr. 10, 2016 01:30
I am flying from SFO to Colombo with green card us and SL passport do I nee...
Asked by Samanthika de Alwis from Sri Lanka
| Feb. 10, 2017 19:02
Travel to KUL, transit in Shanghai, stay 1 night, US passport. Do I need v...
Asked by Kim from United States
| Sep. 15, 2011 20:39
Is there any short tour available at Shaighai airport if I stop over for on...
Asked by William Tran from USA
| Feb. 11, 2017 18:55
Ara from United state
Asked by ara from united state
| Nov. 06, 2018 07:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)