Asked by Hank from USA | Apr. 26, 2017 13:54
About:China Transit Visa

I have a transit flight at Shanghai (PVG) from Thailand to US but I need to layover for 6 hours.

My Passport is Thailand. I have some questions to ask:
1. Do I need Visa for Transit?
2. If I would like to go out from the airport, Do I need to have Visa or not?
3. Due to short period of time, Is there any place in this airport that I can leave my belonging?
4. Can you recommend the restaurant and the must see places in couple hours?
5. At Shanghai, do they prefer Cash or Credit?

Answers (1)
Answered by Martin from United Kingdom | Apr. 26, 2017 21:01
1. You don't need a transit G type because you qualify for the 24 hour direct transit in Shanghai.
2. If you want to leave the airport, you just need to apply for a free temporary stay permit at the airport. No visa is needed either.
3. You can find a left-luggage office at the T1 or T2 of the airport terminal.
4. In the hall of T2 terminal, you can taste the authentic Shanghai cuisine at the restaurant Shanghairenjia. You can pay a visit to the Bund and enjoy the scenery of Huangpu River.
5. Personally I think they prefer Cash.
Related Questions:
China Eastern transfer to Delta Airline in PVG, Thai passport
Asked by Kay from Thailand
| Jan. 02, 2018 00:13
Does a short layover on the way to PVG count as a stop?
Asked by Rae from USA
| Oct. 15, 2017 08:27
Indian Passport - Travelling from US
Asked by JK from India
| Aug. 15, 2018 19:55
Traveling from US to Thailand with layover in china
Asked by Lillie from United States
| Mar. 28, 2017 00:43
What to do with luggages
Asked by Chister from USA
| Sep. 09, 2014 22:30
Will I need a visa?
Asked by Leigh from United States
| Sep. 17, 2013 04:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)