Asked by patricia from Mexico | Jul. 24, 2016 23:46
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Stay permit (humanitarian) can be changed to student visa

Hi guys!

Hope somebody can help me!!

I've been studying in Shanghai so I had resident permit then I had to extend it one month so I went to the Bureau and they gave me a ¨stay permit (humanitarian)¨. Now I went to the school to pay next semester and get new papers for a new visa and they told me that a humanitarian visa cannot be changed to student visa and Im supposed to go back to my country and get the visa there.
Does anyone know something about this?

Thanks a lot!

Answers (1)
Answered by Anthony from Thailand | Jul. 25, 2016 20:54
Patricia, what they told you is true. You’d better go back to your home country and re-apply for a new student X type to enter PRc and study there.
Related Questions:
Can I switch from a humanitarian visa to a student X without exit from Chin...
Asked by David from South Africa
| Oct. 22, 2018 20:32
humanitarian visa or 10 days exit permit to apply for student X type.
Asked by madesire from South Africa
| Apr. 02, 2017 21:14
hi i want to ask about any requirement for me to change my humanitarian vis...
Asked by Timotius from Indonesia
| Aug. 02, 2017 21:01
Applying for a Chinese student X type from Malaysia
Asked by Star from Zimbabwe
| Aug. 15, 2017 20:54
Changing humanitarian visa
Asked by LD from Canada
| Apr. 08, 2016 22:20
I will finish my work visa residence permit on July 1st
Asked by Matt from United Kingdom
| May. 16, 2017 22:45
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)