Asked by Bruno from Cambodia | Jan. 09, 2016 00:50
About:Visa Policy of China

I am confused about the length of a tourist visa in China.

I read in websites that I can stay with a L type up to 3 months but the Chinese embassy where I live (Cambodia) says 1 month... Is it possible to extend a few weeks when you arrive at the Chinese airport? If yes, what do you need and how much is it? I want to stay 6 weeks
Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Linda from Netherlands | Jan. 10, 2016 01:36
Bruno, generally speaking, an L type is valid for 90 days and you can stay in PRC for 60 days or 90 days at most with the L type. Since you are now applying for it from a third country, it's hard to get a long stay duration. I agree with the embassy and it seems that you will probably get only 1-month stay duration. Anyway, if you want to stay longer, you can extend your L type seven days before it expires when you are at PRC. The documents needed are your passport, a registration form of temporary accommodation which can be obtained at the local police station, and a passport style photo, an application form, and your travel plan. It costs about CNY 168 to extend the L type, almost the same as you apply for a single-entry permit.
Related Questions:
I got an Internship for an Year in Dalian. I would like to know which visa ...
| Jun. 12, 2014 01:30
I want to visit my parents who work in China and ask for S2 visa. I am conf...
Asked by Jana from United Kingdom
| May. 30, 2017 22:19
What is the length of stay in china with tourist visa?
Asked by mazii from USA
| Aug. 21, 2013 20:57
Length of stay in China on Tourist Visa for US Passport and Fee?
Asked by oseph Chen from USA
| Feb. 14, 2012 03:05
1 year multi entry L visa. do I have to leave every 60 days? why?
Asked by Jake from USA
| Sep. 03, 2012 03:06
Hello! I am confused about this whole process! I am going to travel in Chi...
Asked by Ms.Danielle
| May. 10, 2010 02:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)