Asked by mark rogers from USA | Dec. 04, 2014 21:22
About:China Private Visit Visa

I want a 10yr permit with multiple entries to visit wife's family and for travel while there

We go to China every year for spring festival and to travel....I retire in 2016 and would like to get an extended Visa so I dont have to do it every two years and will consider a Chinese Permanent Residency card at a later date, but in the meantime, My wife, a Chinese National citizen, and I would like to be able to stay 4-5 months every year after 2016 even if we can only stay a maximum of 90 days without getting our permit stamped by exiting and reentering China....but I am not sure if S-2 or the Q-1 type would be the best to apply for. If you can let me know which would be better for us, I would appreciate it. Also, I plan to depart for China on 09 Feb.2015 so I would also like to know about how long it takes to process this request for a new one. If I am denied either one of these, would I have to resubmit it for a normal tourist L, or would it be granted with the same application? thanks, Mark rogers

Answers (2)
Answered by Lance from Singapore | Dec. 06, 2014 00:14
According to the latest agreement, personally speaking, the 10-year valid Q2 type may be the best choice. With it, you do not need to apply every two year. This Q2 has the longest duration of validity for 120 days, so it will save you money and time.

The processing days are still four working days as usual, but it requires one-year validity for your passport. Since you already have entered China many times, you will easily get a normal Tourist L if the officer in the embassy think you are not qualified to get a Q2 valid for ten years.
Answered by mark rogers from USA | Dec. 06, 2014 09:55
I have double checked this and think it is the way to go as well. thanks for your thoughts. In the future, I will apply for Permanent Residency, when I retire. Again, thanks. Mark
Related Questions:
Hi, Visa validity
Asked by Giselle from Trinidad
| Apr. 17, 2018 21:23
X1 Visa and Temporary Residence Permit
Asked by Marc from USA
| May. 07, 2017 22:37
I am staying in HK for 4 days but want to visit parts of China. Which entry...
Asked by Grace from Australia
| Aug. 20, 2013 03:08
My son is coming for 8 months.
Asked by Libardo from China
| Feb. 28, 2015 20:31
S1 & S2 type- Multiple Entries?
Asked by S Tey from Malaysia
| Jul. 26, 2016 02:39
extend my student visa and get multiple entries.
Asked by Ron from USA
| Oct. 10, 2016 22:26
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)