Asked by Pavel from Czech | Nov. 16, 2014 02:28
About:China Visa Exemption

I am from Czech republic, currently in Shanghai on a valid one entry visa.

Hi, I have booked my flight back to Europe from Shanghai, but in menwhile I want to visit Philippines. When flying back from Philippines I plan to arrive from Manila to Shanghai afternoon and after 5 hrs is scheduled my flight to Europe (again from Shanghai). As far as I understand I can use direct transit for this purpose. My questions? I need to inform airline in Manila about Direct Tranzit in Shanghai (my understanding is not)
2. do I have to pay for that?
3. what will be the procedure upon arrival from Manila? I pickup my luggage, ask for Direct tranzit stamp - go through immigration and then check in the luggage for my next leg to Europe and go through immigration for departure?

I hope I understand it, just want to verify it. Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Peter from Gabon | Nov. 17, 2014 03:26
Pavel, you need to inform your airline in advance, at least 30 minutes before your airline lands at SHanghai airport. It's for free. Is it the same airline company that you use to fly from Philippines to Shanghai and then Europe? If so, you may not pick up your luggage and go through the checking process again because the airline takes care of your luggage. If you use two different airline companies, you may ask them if they are able to transfer your luggage to your next plane. If not, you need to go through the process you mentioned.
Related Questions:
Chinese visa in Hongkong. Can I get it in one day? If I am from Czech Repub...
Asked by Daniela from Czech
| Mar. 20, 2015 22:02
I have a 1year student visa in the Czech Republic. Can I apply for a chines...
Asked by Casey from Czech Republic
| Jun. 20, 2011 20:48
Do I need visa if I am just tourist? Or I will just get a stamp at the airp...
Asked by Alisa Housková from Česká republika
| Nov. 18, 2015 01:35
Visit to family member
Asked by Godfrey from Czech
| Nov. 14, 2011 22:21
Obtaining Chinese visa from France, and flying to China from a different co...
Asked by Ioannis from Cyprus
| Apr. 05, 2012 04:09
Visa for Egyptian living in EU
Asked by Ayman from Czechia
| Jul. 01, 2018 19:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)