Asked by Essa from USA | Nov. 04, 2013 20:44
About:Beijing Travel

Do I really need an interpreter when traveling in China solo?

Traveling solo to Shanhai, Beijing, Qingdao and Yiwu. Part owner in an upstart business. I want to explore the factories. Do I really need an interpreter or more of a guide. Are the rates different for those?

Answers (4)
Answered by Pat from USA | Nov. 06, 2013 02:26
If you plan to make business in China, it is suggested get a interpreter.
If you only go for traveling, you do not need either tour guide or interpreter.
I am sorry that I am not very clear about the price, because I always travel alone.
Answered by Ms.LEONLIANG from China | Apr. 29, 2014 11:44
Hi Essa,

For travel, you don't need an interpreter; for business, it's suggested to have an interpreter, especially when you need to explore factories.

1, few of them speak English well;(waste time understanding each other)
2, time arrangement: an interpreter will help you make full use of your time in China and usually a foreigner cannot, even though well planned(travelling is one case).
3, cost: reasonable.
Answered by Mr.THEDARS from CN | Dec. 06, 2015 10:02
I would suggest better hire an interpreter and communicate well in advance make schedule it will help to explore more supplier, save time wasting due to slow communication and it makes your chance minimum 50% higher to attain the target during business and finally overall it saves money while boost your business to grow faster. it is important to decide which interpreter will be best to hire to achieve your target while visit.

Price in your case should be per day and with travel charges. roughly 100 to 500 dollar per day, again it depends on which kind of interpreter you hiring.
Answered by Helen from Canada | Dec. 06, 2015 19:12
Mr.THEDARS. 100-500 US dollars per day? So expensive. I will go to Qingdao next year and expect a good interpreter with a reasonable charge anyway.
Related Questions:
can i find an interpeter when I get to Shanghai ?
| Aug. 13, 2013 02:29
I am an Australian visiting Sanya Hainan arriving on 2nd Jan 2017
Asked by Moses from Australia
| Dec. 30, 2016 01:46
When traveling to Beijing, do I need to declare my IPod touch?
Asked by Mrs.L from USA
| May. 24, 2010 07:32
What type of adapter do I need for China?
Asked by Frances self from Uk
| Apr. 07, 2016 21:49
Hi, anyone, I have very serious question here. In China, when you go on a t...
Asked by Mrs.PH from NZ
| Apr. 26, 2011 19:36
do i really need a hotel reservation and book flights ticket when applying...
Asked by tin from philippines
| Dec. 11, 2011 20:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)