Asked by Thomas from Ireland | Mar. 07, 2013 04:32
About:Chinese Embasy in Ireland

I hold both Irish and American passports

Hi I was born in Dublin and also am a naturalised US citizen, so I possess both Irish passports. I am travelling now on my Irish passport but can I submit a visa application for China using my American passport which is in Dublin? Naturally I dont need a residency letter etc for Ireland and on my American passport it says I was born in Dublin. In summary, can I apply for an L visa with my American passport (either by a agency or a family member) while travelling on my Irish passport?

Answers (1)
Answered by Owen from USA | Mar. 08, 2013 01:13
I am afraid not, if you apply in Dublin, you can only use your Irish passport. You can confirm this with the embassy directly for confirmation.
Related Questions:
Do I need a visa to enter Macau. I hold both UK and US passports
Asked by Louise Davis from geneva
| Feb. 28, 2015 21:15
Applying for a z visa am currently in China do I still need to do the medic...
Asked by joe from Ghana
| Jun. 05, 2015 04:17
I hold both a passport from Canada and Hong Kong, and both passports are st...
Asked by Ms.Lau from Canada
| Mar. 08, 2011 02:05
Visa to Macau and Hongkong from Japan
Asked by Yen from Japan
| Feb. 17, 2016 03:24
I am travelling to australia in November 2014 and what about visa issu?
Asked by Robert Brown from Ireland
| Sep. 05, 2014 22:03
do my customers need a visa while in transit to australia ?
Asked by nikki from United Kingdom
| Mar. 31, 2012 23:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)