Asked by NT from Australia | Jun. 24, 2012 22:29
About:Chinese Embassy in Australia

Transit at more than one Chinese airport, require visa or stopover permit?

I am an Australian citizen travelling on Australian Passport. Have a return flight from Sydney Australia to Rome Italy. On the way there are connecting flights in China as follows....

Outbound flight is Sydney to Beijing to Rome.

Inbound/Return flight is Rome to Beijing airport to Shanghai airport then to Sydney.

I fly with Air China the whole way. Can anyone who knows about this please advise if I will require any visas while transiting in China, in particular the return flight where I have to go from Rome to Beijing airport then to Shaghai airport before finally to Sydney?

Many thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Carl | Jun. 25, 2012 02:10
You don't need any visa for a less than 24 hours transit in a Chinese airport if you won't go out of the airport transitional areas that are subject to customs control.
Related Questions:
Hong Kong Transit visa required for Cambodian?
Asked by Kate from Cambodia
| Jul. 16, 2018 18:41
Do Indians require a transit visa if the stop over is more than 08 hrs?
Asked by Sham lal from India
| Nov. 22, 2015 20:44
how i can get permanent residence status visa with out effect my own natio...
Asked by johnson from China
| Aug. 04, 2014 03:54
Temporary passport when in transit
Asked by Sofia Ferm from Sweden
| Apr. 06, 2017 01:12
transit overnight via Shanghai
Asked by John B from Canada
| Aug. 27, 2013 02:58
Flying through Urumqi, need a Transit Visa
Asked by Vic from Australia
| Sep. 13, 2014 02:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)