Asked by Lisa from China | Apr. 14, 2012 00:18
About:China Work Visa

The Z visa (working visa) only can be applied in the country of origin.

Hi, the company I am applying to work for has told me the Z visa (working visa) only can be applied in the country of origin. Is this true? They said I have to send my passport back to the country of origin (UK) and have the Z visa processed there. I don't want to be without my passport, so can anyone help me? Many people have said I can get my visa in Hong Kong, so why would the company want me to send my passport?

Answers (1)
Answered by Joe | Apr. 14, 2012 04:13
China visa policy requires like this, but it can be flexible. Maybe your employer is prudential about this. So, just try to submit your application to the Commissioner's Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of PRC in HK.
Related Questions:
Is it true that you can only apply for a Z visa in your country of origin a...
Asked by JN from Canada
| Oct. 18, 2013 03:44
hi there, What is the new z working visa regulations for expats who want...
Asked by Mr.jcandryan
| Jun. 23, 2010 22:34
Work Permit (China) & medical examination
Asked by Salman Quddusi from Pakistan
| Sep. 24, 2018 20:45
extension of L visa in PRC
Asked by Anbu from India
| Feb. 20, 2017 19:41
My Z Visa has recently been cancelled
Asked by Ayaneka from Philippines
| Nov. 11, 2014 23:57
I came back to China after securing a Z visa in my country. Before I applie...
Asked by Ms.Confused from China
| Jul. 25, 2010 20:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)