Asked by marvin gelinos from United States | Jul. 08, 2011 19:09
About:China Embassy in Philippines

I am from Manila and currently in the US as a consultant for a US company, going to Shenzhen for Business, can I request a multiple entry business visa?

I am from Manila and currently in the US as a consultant for a US company. This US company has a Shenzhen office and I am scheduled for 2 months visit. During my stay, I am planning to visit my family in the Philippines one of the weekends. My questions are :
1. Would it be possible to request a multiple entry visa here in the US for the China visit? I have never been to China.
2. If I won't be given a multiple entry visa, can I apply an entry visa at the airport with a duration of more than a month upon my return from the Philippines? If not, what are my options. Please note that I will only be away for the weekend.
3. I have been trying to find an airline from Shenzhen to Manila but I can only find Hongkong - Manila. Is there any airline you can suggest?

Thanks a lot in advance and more power!

Answers (1)
Answered by David from China | Jul. 08, 2011 21:08
1. You can try to apply for multiple entry business visa in the US, however, the number of entries is up to the visa officer. You'd better provide an invitation letter from the Shenzhen office, or an introduction letter from your US company which prescribes that you need a multiple entry visa.

In fact, a double entry visa is ok for your itinerary. You can apply for double entry visa rather than multiple entry visa.

2. If you only get a single entry business visa, once you go to Philippines, you can't return to Shenzhen because you don't have a valid visa. It is impossible for you to get an entry visa at the airport. It is also hard for you to get a business visa in Philippines. Therefore, you have to give up the plan to go to Philippines at the weekend.
Related Questions:
What type is visa will be needed for my work in China as an independent con...
Asked by Mary from USA
| Aug. 10, 2014 03:25
Can I apply my visa for China from Chinese Embassy in Malawi?
Asked by Amarjeet from Malawi
| Oct. 25, 2013 04:25
Airline employee on trip to shanghai
Asked by Cassandra Hodge from USA
| Oct. 28, 2016 22:27
How to get a temporal permit to work in china for 2 months?
Ms.WILSONSLB1 from Venezuela
| Jun. 20, 2011 21:05
a consultant demands 5000$us for z visa from me. is there any fee for getti...
Asked by kamran from Pakistan
| Dec. 19, 2015 01:02
company paid incentive trip to Hainan. Is visa required?
Asked by Mich
| Mar. 23, 2013 02:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)