Asked by Mr.DANH from United States | Oct. 28, 2010 12:22
About:Beijing Travel

I am American,
I am going to Singapore in December. I am staying in Singapore till a cruise ship departs there in April. My plan was to secure a Chinese visa in Singapore. After reading your postings I don't think I will be able to get Chinese visa. I am not a Singaporean permanent resident. My problem is that with me leaving the US in December, even if I got the visa here; I don't enter China till 4/23. That takes me past the 90 day entrance requirement upon recieving visa.Any way around this dilemma, or do I cancel the cruise?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.CELIANA from China | Oct. 28, 2010 22:43
Non-Singapore citizens shall provide documents that entitle them to reside for an extended period of time in the Singapore, such as a PR, WP, EP, STP, DP. Temporary visitors to Singapore should apply for a Chinese visa in their own country. For the special case, the visa officer has the rights to make the final decision on whether issuing a visa or not.

This is the information I got on the official website of China Embassy in Singapore.
Related Questions:
Apply CHinese Visa in Singapore with foreign passport
Asked by woon from Australia
| Dec. 01, 2011 01:15
I am American, can I get a double-entry visa from China Embassy in Seoul wh...
Asked by urgent question! from United States
| Jul. 22, 2011 20:45
Greetings, I am a Filipino student currently studying in Singapore with a s...
Asked by Mr.seth from China
| Jun. 26, 2009 03:25
Greetings! I am appling a china visa for my boss. He's a german, working...
Asked by Ms.Jenny from Singapore
| Mar. 17, 2009 20:31
Hi!! I am going to Singapore in december but most of the airlines have a c...
Asked by Ms.Manoela from Korea
| Sep. 14, 2010 01:03
US Citizen that would like to apply for an L Visa in Vancouver Canada
Asked by James from USA
| Dec. 09, 2014 19:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)