Asked by Mr.Ryan from Hong Kong | Jul. 13, 2010 22:09
About:Hong Kong Visa Policy

I am new to Hong Kong, but have just gotten my HK ID card.

I read on the site about the "easy travel scheme". It says:
"Under the Easy Travel Scheme, holders of Hong Kong identity cards bearing "***", "*" or "R" symbol or locally issued Hong Kong permanent identity cards, who are aged 11 or above, can travel from Hong Kong to the Mainland and Macao SAR and vice versa without producing an HKSAR Re-entry Permit or other travel documents at any Hong Kong immigration control point. They are also not required to fill in any arrival card or departure card."

First of all, I am not exactly sure what kind of ID i have, but it does start with an "R" (if that helps). Does this mean that I do not need to apply for a re-entry permit? I am unclear as to what to do and it seems that the different govt agencies that i have called are just passing me around. If I do need to apply for a re-entry permit, what documents do i need to provide?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from China | Jul. 14, 2010 03:29
yes, I think that it means that you don't need a re-entry permit.
Related Questions:
I hold an old HK ID card an have not gone back to HK for around 9 years. I...
Asked by Mrs.Lum from Australia
| Jul. 09, 2010 02:47
I am a Hong Kong resident and have HK id card, how can I apply for for my w...
Asked by guest from HK
| Jul. 21, 2015 04:06
can I apply for a H.K smart card in Canada?
Asked by Jeanie from Canada
| Oct. 28, 2011 04:20
Hi, I am a Hong Kong citizen with a permanent 3*** ID and also a green card...
Asked by Mr.Lai from USA
| Jul. 13, 2010 04:50
obtaining china visa - family visit
Asked by sam from uk
| Nov. 22, 2016 08:30
Hello, I am originally from HK. I have a id card and a green card. My HK pa...
Asked by Ms.Rachel from USA
| Apr. 11, 2011 22:04
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)