Asked by Mr.Steve from USA/Korea | Feb. 21, 2010 19:28
About:China Embassy in South Korea

Be aware that these "travel agencies" touting visas for China charge widely different rates. One place near the Chinese Embassy quoted me a rate of 300,000 Won while another offered and delivered a 1 year multi entry visa for 180,000 won. It would be a good thing if the Chinese Embassy actually began to handle visas themselves like a real embassy so that those wishing to see China would not have to worry about getting ripped off by unscrupulous travel agents...

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Charles | Feb. 21, 2010 21:39
Mr. Steve, The service fees (visa fees charged by the Consular Section are not included) for each visa charged by the designated travel agencies (the service means to apply and receive visa on behalf of the applicant) must not exceed 20,000 won.

If applicants find out any designated travel agency infringes the above rules on service fees, they can send the embassy e-mail (|consulate_korea) or fax it (02-755-0469) to lodge a complaint (complaints by phone or face to face are not accepted). The complainant should write down clearly the real name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number, phone number of the applicant as well as the application date, the name of the travel agency and the details regarding the infringement. The Consular Section of the Chinese Embassy will fully investigate the case and deal seriously with the relevant travel agency. Please notice that complaints against non-designated travel agencies are not accepted.
Related Questions:
Is there a listing of travel agencies located in South Korea in English???
Asked by Ms.KD from SK
| Oct. 29, 2009 04:29
What is the maximum service fee travel agencies in Seoul may charge to proc...
Asked by Mr.Doring from Canada
| Jan. 22, 2011 20:47
I want a list of travel agencies in different provinces of China. Can you g...
Asked by morteza from Iran
| Feb. 13, 2018 21:36
American Airlines for the 72 hours policy
Asked by Chris Matteau from USA
| Sep. 13, 2014 01:58
Why do all the foriegner travel agencies in Seoul (such as Xanadu, Kangsan)...
Asked by Mr.FPM from USA
| Nov. 18, 2010 01:25
Apply China visa in Japan
Asked by free from Andorra
| Sep. 29, 2011 21:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)