Asked by Ms.Lin from Australia | Jun. 28, 2009 22:57
About:China Consulate in Brisbane

Dear Sir/Madam

I was born in Hong Kong, and as a child had moved to Australia with my family in early 1996. I am an Australian citizen, and have not returned to my place of birth since I came here. I'm planning to return to HK to spend Christmas there later this year, and my parents have recommended that I obtain a HK ID card before my trip. How do I go by this? What are the costs? Is it crucial that I procure a HK ID card for a 10 day holiday? What are the advantages of this?

Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Han | Jun. 29, 2009 02:07
You needn't obtain a HK ID card just for a 10 day holiday. Australian passport holders are exempt from visa for Hong Kong provided that their stay is not exceeding 90 days.
Related Questions:
Can I renew my old HK ID card to the latest Smart ID card here in San Franc...
Asked by Chung from United States
| Jun. 23, 2011 03:45
Is it possible to apply HK Smart ID in Toronto?
Asked by Philip from Canada
| Nov. 29, 2012 03:21
I am a UK citizen - both entries of my double entry visa are used but I wa...
Asked by Janice from United Kingdom
| Sep. 12, 2013 03:10
adopt our niece
Asked by Peter Hurn from Australia
| Jan. 07, 2016 02:59
Chinese visa application for Hong Kong-born British
Asked by Alexander Ng from United Kingdom
| Sep. 04, 2017 01:54
Hi I am Metal Rooster was born on October 5,1981.
Asked by Nikon from Australia
| Mar. 09, 2014 22:41
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)