Asked by Mr.Chudasama from England | Jun. 05, 2009 05:05
About:China Embassy in Thailand

My friend and I (British citizens) are currently traveling in Thailand (gap year) and looking to get a visa in Bangkok, we will be traveling overland and entering via Vietnam (11th July Approx). From there we hope to meet friends (British citizens) in Hong Kong and then travel up through China and are fly out of Beijing on 28th August (booked) back to London. We would be leaving China roughly 50 days from the day we enter.

1. Do we need a double entry visa as we are going in and out of Hong Kong? Can we get this at the embassy in Bangkok?
2. What is the duration of stay for a double entry visa? and validity? Would we be able to get it extended while in china if only 30days?
3. What documents do we require? (British citizens)

Thank you any information would be greatly appreciated)

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Han from China | Jun. 06, 2009 22:26
Mr Chudasama, judging from your itinerary, you will enter the border of mainland China twice, right? (One entry is from Vietnam, the other is from Hong Kong).So you need a double entry visa. The duration of stay for a double-entry visa is 60 days. Also it is possible to get a tourist extended within the mainland China(at a local Public Security Bureau Entry & Exit Administration Office.
Related Questions:
My partner and I are planning on traveling to China at the end of January. ...
Asked by Ms.Hiscox from Japan
| Dec. 18, 2008 20:29
Hi, I am a British university student (british national) currently on un...
Asked by Mr.LUKE from ENGLAND
| Aug. 04, 2009 22:02
We are British Citizens currently living in Thailand. We will be visiting C...
Asked by Mr.Traylor from Thailand
| Sep. 25, 2010 21:15
I am a US citizen currently traveling around Asia (presently in Thailand) a...
Mr.LDICKINS from United States
| Mar. 22, 2010 22:12
Can I apply for Tourist visa in Chiang Mai
Asked by Michael from USA
| Jul. 13, 2015 01:31
is it possible for British citizens to get the 6-month multiple entry visa ...
Asked by Aruna from Italy
| May. 27, 2011 22:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)