Asked by Mr.Mark from Thailand | Mar. 03, 2009 21:38
About:China Embassy in Thailand


I'm currently living and working in Thailand but planning to go to work in China soon. My fiancee is Thai and she wants to come with me to China. Is it possible to get a long term(ie. fiancee/spousal or dependent) visa for her so that she can live there with me while I'm working there? If so, how do I apply for this visa, what are the requirements, fees, documentation and necessary steps to be taken for processing, etc.? Thank you for your help and advice concerning this matter.

Answers (3)
Answered by Mr.Lan | Mar. 03, 2009 22:21
Your wife can also apply for a Z visa(work visa) by showing your marriage certificate. Both of you should apply for a residential permit after your entry into China within 30 days.
Answered by Mr.Mark | Mar. 04, 2009 00:49
Thank you for your advice Mr. Lan but I guess you didn't understand my posting. As I said, she's my fiancee, not my wife and she's Thai, not a native English speaker. She doesn't have a job offer in China, she just wants to come with me because I'll be living and working there long term, possibly for several years. What advice can you offer me in respect to her situation?
Answered by Mr.Lan | Mar. 04, 2009 01:31
Sorry, Mr Mark, I didn't read it carefully enough. Well, as I know, Dependant (Spousal) visas are seldom granted to an unmarried couple. Besides, your fiance doesn’t have a job offer in China and she is not an English native speakers. It is almost impossible for her to get dependent visa concerning your current situation( Fiance).
Related Questions:
hi, i am a british citizen and im currently travelling around thailand. i w...
Asked by Mr.peers from United Kingdom
| Sep. 06, 2010 22:50
hi,im dinah living in shanghai china,im planning to go thailand for 1 week ...
Asked by Ms.dinah from Philippines
| Jan. 13, 2011 01:35
how to get there in fairy botanical lake garden if your from hong kong
Asked by Sheanna from Philippines
| Jul. 05, 2015 02:18
What are the things I need to do so I can travel to china for tourist purpo...
Asked by Roxie from Kuwait
| May. 06, 2015 22:57
answer from philippines and currently stay here in thailand as a tourist...
Asked by Mr.larry from Philippines
| Jul. 01, 2010 02:19
Please advice how can i get the visa for bangkok!!! Please help
Asked by BK from Bahrain
| Oct. 10, 2012 02:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)