Asked by Christy from USA | Jun. 13, 2020 16:00
About:China Tourist Visa

tourist visa to look for work

I currently have a 10year tourist visa. I'm planning on getting a teaching job in China. If I get a work visa, will I have to give up my 10 year tourist visa or can I have both visas in my passport?

If I can only have one Chinese visa in my passport, can I first enter the country with the tourist visa and then apply for the residence permit for employment in china?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mina from USA | Jun. 17, 2020 19:22
Christy, if you get a work visa, your will lose your tourist visa.

It's possible to enter China first with the tourist visa and then apply for the residence permit for employment in China. However, you had better directly get a work visa in your home country.
Related Questions:
I am from South Africa.
Asked by Hannes from South Africa
| Jan. 29, 2014 04:02
Good day! Can I obtain Z visa when on a tourist L type?
Asked by Lenge from South Africa
| Dec. 01, 2015 20:01
Im filipino and would like to go to Macau and look for work ? will i be nee...
Asked by Kris from Philippines
| Oct. 18, 2018 18:59
My partner is going to china for six months with his work and I would like ...
Asked by Ms.whittaker from united kingdom
| Jan. 16, 2010 22:37
Hello,please i will like to know if i enter china with a tourist visa with ...
Asked by Mr.frank from mbelisa
| Mar. 21, 2011 20:35
sir i would like to work in macau,what't the first thing i should do,some o...
Asked by Mr.neo from philippines
| Jul. 25, 2010 21:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)