Asked by Janice from Canada | Jan. 12, 2020 21:48
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

I am planning a trip that will involve a stop in Beijing.

I understand I can stay 72 hours without a visa. Am I able to go outside Beijing visa free. Obviously I have to visit the Great Wall, plus I would also like to go ti Xian via high-speed train. Also, I will be booking a primary flight that will go to Beijing but then get another flight to a second destination three days later and return two or three days before my departure date from Beijing. In other words, is a stopover for visa free status only accepted if it's a stopover with the same airline.

Answers (1)
Answered by Saul | Jan. 13, 2020 00:23
You can stay for 144 hours in Beijing, Tianjin, and Hebei when you are in transit to a third country. You cannot go to Xi’an. Separate tickets are ok.
Related Questions:
I am planning a trip to Beijing and Shanghai with my parents and hubby. I a...
Asked by Mrs.John from Singapore
| Nov. 19, 2009 02:47
Hi, I am planning to take my 75 years old father to visit early February. ...
Asked by Ms.Jessie from New Zealand
| Dec. 29, 2010 03:54
Visiting Hong Kong - can I get the transit visa in my way back to the US?
Asked by Shanker Dixit from United States
| Aug. 09, 2018 11:43
London to Japan via Beijing
Asked by Rik from Unite
| Aug. 16, 2017 08:06
Is China visa required if I tour Beijing for 3 nights/4 days coming from Ma...
Asked by NAPA Cali lady
| Jan. 21, 2014 03:44
Hi! I am French currently living in Australia with a student visa. I have ...
Asked by Ms.Ariane from France
| May. 31, 2010 22:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)