Asked by Cristeta from Philippines | Nov. 02, 2019 18:28

I have a Philippine Passport with US Greencard ( US Resident Card) booked flight to Manila

Got 15 hour layover to Beijing. Can I exit the airport for sightseeing tours.

Answers (1)
Answered by ZUPAN | Nov. 03, 2019 02:40
The first and the most important detail is that you are eligible for 24 hour visa free transit and you don't need any kind of visa.

Anyway, to be allowed to exit the airport, you will have to apply for a temporary entry permit at 24 hour visa free transit counter upon your landing in Beijing. Here you have to be aware that the issuing of this permit depends entirely upon discretion of immigration authorities on the day of your arrival in Beijing. In other words, you could be granted a permit, but also be denied. It all depends on the policy of the immigration authorities on the day of your arrival. Also, if you want to empower your application, you can book a tour in advance and have a confirmation in hard copy that you will enclose with your application.

It's a bit like a roulette.
Related Questions:
Can we apply for a transit VISA? How and where?
Asked by MA LEA from USA
| Dec. 03, 2017 21:47
Philippine Passport and Long Layover in Beijing
Asked by Jonalyn from Philippines
| Jul. 22, 2013 02:23
Do I need a visa to enter China for five days?
Asked by Rose from USA
| Aug. 10, 2017 22:55
Does a Swedish citizen who is a U.S. permanent resident need a visa to visi...
Asked by Maria Collis from USA
| Jan. 07, 2018 20:41
US green card holder Indian passport and layover in Bejing. Eligible for 2...
Asked by Nikhilesh Jhaveri from India
| Mar. 31, 2017 20:12
Transiting layover 7 hrs. 10 mins. To US
Asked by Tsr from USA
| Jan. 13, 2018 18:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)