Asked by Flor from United States | Jun. 19, 2018 18:31
About:China Transit Visa

Layovers in China, Traveling to Thailand

I am traveling to Bangkok, Thailand and have 2 layovers in China: 2 hours in Qingdao and 3 hours in Xiamen.

On my way back to the United States, I'll have 1 layover in China: 5 hours in Xiamen.

I've read reviews that once you get off the plane, it's an ordeal to get your connecting boarding pass. Some travelers have commented that you need to get a temporary entry visa, go through customs, and a whole process to go through. I'm trying to get a clear picture of what I need to do in order not to have any issues.

Answers (1)
Answered by Balvina from Finland | Jun. 19, 2018 22:34
Flor, you are able to use 24h twov in mainland China in both trips. You can apply for it upon arrival, but you need to inform the airlines in advance that you want to use the free transit in China, and show the tickets and passports to apply for the twov at the immigration counter after arrival.
Related Questions:
can I leave the airport to see the town (great wall of china) without havin...
Asked by mayra navarro from USA
| Jun. 03, 2015 20:47
Osaka-Shanghai-Kunming-Siem Reap
Asked by Bridget from USA
| Dec. 19, 2016 21:53
Do we qualify for the 72 hours transit visa? What do I need to do?
Asked by Juliane Farinazzo from Canada
| Mar. 19, 2018 21:46
American citizen traveling back to USA from Thailand
Asked by Spencer from United States
| Apr. 04, 2017 22:25
Im traveling to Hanoi from San Francisco with 2 layovers in China.
Asked by Paulina F from USA
| Dec. 29, 2017 03:52
Flying from Kathmandu to Vancouver (HELP! Please)
Asked by Mark from Canada
| May. 05, 2018 22:17
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)