Asked by Laura from England | Jul. 21, 2017 14:03
About:Apply for China Visa in a Third Country

I hold a UK passport and am currently travelling in Tokyo.

Can I apply for a Chinese visa at the embassy in Tokyo? I want to visit Shanghai and Beijing, staying for maybe a week or two. My plans are not finalised yet. Will this affect my application as I won't have hotel conformations etc. Also, does anyone know the visa and processing fees in Tokyo and roughly how long the process takes. Thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Uther from USA | Jul. 23, 2017 21:20
Usually, if you don’t have an invitation letter, the hotel reservation and flight tickets are necessary for the application.
If you want to apply for a tourist L type, it may cost 9,000 yen per person, but this is for reference only. The final payment is subject to the actual payment given by the consular officers.
After you submit the application, you can usually get the result within 4 working days.
Related Questions:
i am british citizen and and currently in tokyo travelling i will be here f...
Asked by Mr.ritzy from United Kingdom
| Jul. 21, 2009 20:56
I hold a UK passport, can I get a VOA at Shenzhen when travelling by MTR?
Asked by Vinod from UK
| Aug. 20, 2017 22:41
Can I use the 72-hour transit visa?
Asked by Amy from China
| Mar. 26, 2016 04:32
I'm a uk citizen and travelling to china from Japan... Can I apply for a to...
Asked by Faith from Uk
| Mar. 13, 2013 01:13
Australian applying for China Visa in Japan
Asked by Callie Brown from Australia
| Nov. 15, 2011 21:46
i am a british citizen, how do i get a visa for china whilst in Japan?
Asked by alicia holmes from Britain
| Aug. 31, 2012 03:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)