Asked by Go from USA | May. 10, 2017 16:55
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

US Passport to Shanghai

Hi, help me understand better. Can I get a free 72 hour free transit if I fly LAX-PVG and have Hong Kong or Narita-Japan or another country to go through on my flight back to US?

Can this be vice versa, meaning can I get the same visa if I go from LAX to another country to PVG over there?

How can I get the 144 hour free transit?

Answers (1)
Answered by Betty from Denmark | May. 10, 2017 21:17
If you travel like LAX-PVG-HK/Japan or LAX-HK/Japan-PVG-LAX, you can enjoy free transit in Shanghai.
When you board the flight in LAX or HK/Japan, you need to inform the airlines that you want to use the 144 hour free transit in Shanghai. After arriving at Shanghai airport, you can go to the transit counter to apply for the 144 hour free transit.
Related Questions:
72 Hour Apply?
Asked by Michelle from United States
| Oct. 18, 2018 18:26
Do we need a China Visa? Transit G Requirements
Asked by Ben from USA/Philippines
| Sep. 28, 2017 22:02
Eligible for 72-hour Visa-free Transit if Hong Kong -> Shanghai -> Taipei f...
Asked by Esther from Hong Kong
| Aug. 03, 2015 00:48
Can I fly from Taipei directly to Shanghai with US passport?
Asked by Julie from USA
| Feb. 04, 2013 21:41
Is visa required for Chinese citizen to stop over in HK for 1-2 nights?
Asked by X. Gu from USA
| Apr. 04, 2015 04:29
I'm a US Citizen with a US passport. Can I fly from Bangkok to Shanghai & g...
Asked by David Harvey from USA
| Jan. 09, 2018 04:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)