Asked by Michael from USA | Apr. 09, 2017 15:22
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

I'm a US citizen. Traveling from US to Cambodia transiting through Shanghai.

1. Do I need a transit G type to go through Shanghai to Cambodia?

2. On the way back from Cambodia to US, I am going through Shanghai again.
Do I need a visa to stay 2 or 3 days to travel to Chongqing, China and then come back to either Shanghai or Bejing to fly back to US?

If I need it, what are the requirements, where to get it, and the cost please?

Thank you for answering questions.

Answers (1)
Answered by John Doe | Apr. 09, 2017 15:53
1) We can't give you the exact answer if you don't have the flight schedule.
2) You will need a visa when travelling like that.
3) Apply in person to the embassy/consulate that serves your jurisdiction, or through a travel agency. It cost $140 per person but the travel agency may charge extra. The requirements can be found on the consulate/embassy's website.
Related Questions:
More than 3 countries for 72 hour twov
Asked by JSG from USA
| Sep. 05, 2018 10:11
Transit Question
Asked by Ryan from USA
| Jan. 23, 2014 00:23
Is the 114 hour policy currently in effect in Shanghai?
Asked by Vernon from USA
| Jan. 01, 2016 19:49
Iam a us citizen transiting from Japan to Vietnam via Shanghai is a visa re...
Asked by P lavallee from USA
| Dec. 04, 2016 13:44
Refugee with US travel document - 16 hour stopover in Shanghai Pu Dong on t...
Asked by Sasha from USA
| Nov. 22, 2017 20:31
Can I use the 144 hour visa free to tour the city of Shanghai?
Asked by Robert G. Diles from United States
| Aug. 29, 2018 00:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)