Asked by Tang from USA | Feb. 05, 2017 06:04
About:Visa Application for Children Born in US with Chinese Parents

Does the child have to go in person with her parent(s) to apply for travel document to go to China?

Chinese parents (no green card), US born child, needs travel document to go to China.
This web shows: "2. If such a child needs apply for Chinese Travel Document, his parent or parents must go to the embassy or consulate-general in person to submit application according to consular jurisdiction. If one parent transacts this thing, he or she should show the Approval Letter (allow his/her child to return to China) of the other party.
3. There is no need to make an appointment. Mail application is not acceptable by the embassy in USA."
So, could someone with authority/experience confirm:
a) the child does not need to go in person. Only parent(s) need to go?
b) no appointment is needed?

Answers (1)
Answered by Kelly from USA | Feb. 05, 2017 21:01
Tang, according to the latest information, the child should also go to the embassy or consulate in person. You have make an online appointment on the official website of the embassy or consulate before going there.
Related Questions:
how to apply for travel document to go to China for 3 year old?
Asked by charlene from USA
| Apr. 06, 2017 21:39
How long does it take to apply for permanent residency for a child under th...
Asked by Ms.Chel from USA
| Jun. 27, 2009 21:47
passport name change/ spouse & child's visa
Asked by EL from USA
| Oct. 14, 2014 20:58
Applying visa for multiple people
Asked by Yap from Malaysia
| Dec. 16, 2015 19:20
Child Chinese Travel Document
Asked by AJ from Bermuda Islands
| Mar. 11, 2016 23:51
Visa or Travel Document to China???
Asked by Ben from USA
| Mar. 30, 2016 04:09
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)