Asked by Russell from China | Jan. 29, 2017 03:00
About:China Visa

Can you only apply for the D visa after 5 years of marriage

I have only been married to my Chinese wife since May 2016, and I have been in China since November 2012. Can you only apply for the D visa after 5 years of marriage, or would me being in the country for 5 years at the end of this year be enough to apply?

My wife and I intend on staying in China, so it makes sense for me to try and go on the D visa if possible so that things are more secure than a year by year work visa and work contract.

If it is only available after 5 years of marriage then obviously thats the route we will go down, but if its possible with me being here for so long already, then rather sooner than later.

Answers (1)
Answered by Robert from USA | Feb. 03, 2017 19:50
Russell, generally speaking, you can only get the permanent residency five years after you got married, unless you are very rich, make big investment in China, or you are a talented person that has made contribution to China.
Related Questions:
How many times can be renewed the Q1 type?
Asked by Lorenzo from Italy
| Aug. 08, 2017 04:59
My wife is a Chinese and is a citizen of China and we have been married for...
Asked by Mr.Albert Foo from Singapore
| Feb. 13, 2011 03:44
The best visa type for being a spouse of some foreigners in China
Asked by HUMA from PAKISTASN
| Oct. 20, 2014 22:07
Traveling to China. Hello, I am a student from the Philippines.
Asked by Madilyn from Philippines
| May. 07, 2018 00:57
Q1 Visa - Spouse Chinese or D visa with GreenCard
Asked by Gaurav from India
| Nov. 14, 2016 20:47
Q visa (Q1 and Q2)
| Dec. 22, 2014 21:31
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)