Asked by Ruth allen from England | Jan. 16, 2017 13:26
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Can we travel on 144 hour Visa free entry.

We arrive from England, stop over for 2 hours to change plane in Hong Kong then arrive at PuDong airport 12.00 on 27 March. Stay for 2 nights in a Shanghai hotel then join cruise ship which leaves Shanghai port evening 29March. Our next port of call is Hong Kong, then Bankock then we finish and fly home from Singapore. We have British Passports and onward departure cruise tickets.
Can we apply for 144 or 72 hour free stay. If so which one please. Any other advice would be fantastic

Answers (1)
Answered by Harry from Poland | Jan. 16, 2017 20:22
Ruth, no, you cannot apply for 144 hour free transit in Shanghai because you will go back to HK after staying for 2 nights in hanghai. You need to apply for a tourist l type for that.
Related Questions:
144 hour free transit at the airport
Asked by Barbara from United Kingdom
| Nov. 28, 2017 11:34
Can we fly Japan-Beijing-Shanghai-Beijing-Japan on the 144 hour free visa?
Asked by Beth from USA
| May. 25, 2017 21:30
We are Indian Couple, can we use 144 hour VISA free at Shanghai?
Asked by Deo Dutta Sharma from India
| Oct. 11, 2018 18:22
Shanghai cruise terminal. Our cruise ship is disembarking in Shanghai at Ba...
Asked by Mike from UK
| Aug. 06, 2018 23:24
Travel from Sydney to Shanghai staying 5 nights then onto Tokyo
Asked by Bob from Australia
| Oct. 08, 2018 23:42
We are arriving on a cruise to shanghai next march and departing again 12 h...
Asked by Sheena parker from England
| Sep. 20, 2016 22:17
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)