Asked by Judi from Australia | Jan. 04, 2017 23:36
About:China Visa Application Procedure and Fee

15-day Free Policy for Cruise Tour Groups to Shanghai

I am so confused. The Cruise Ship tell me I have to obtain at least a Single Entry Visa for China as we are on a Cruise from Australia which is only visiting Hong Kong for one day on 3rd April and Shanghai for one day on 6th April. We are told to get one even if we do not leave the ship! But I see there is a 15 day Free Policy adopted for Cruise Tour Groups to Shanghai published on Oct 20, 2016. Which is correct? do I need a visa or do we qualify for the 15-day free transit?

Answers (1)
Answered by Klaus from Denmark | Jan. 05, 2017 21:03
If you want to use the 15-day free policy, you need to enter and exit by the same cruise ship, and join a tour group organized by a Chinese travel agency at Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal or Wusong Passenger Transport Center.
Actually, if you will go to a third country or region rather than the last one you come from after staying in Shanghai for one day, you may be able to enjoy the 24 hour direct transit. No visa will then be needed either.
Related Questions:
I arrive on Tuesday, April 16th on HAL and leave Shanghai on HAL the next d...
Asked by george ferragut from United States
| Jan. 07, 2018 19:17
We are dismantling a cruise ship in Shanghai and hope to spend 4 nights bef...
Asked by Davis from USA
| Oct. 08, 2018 23:25
If I take a cruise from Shanghai and than return to SH will the 15 day free...
Asked by Nita from United States
| Apr. 27, 2018 19:38
We fly from London to Shanghai in November, stay two nights
Asked by Jan Gill from UK
| Aug. 07, 2018 00:37
We have US Passports. Do we need Chinese visas for Shanghai
Asked by Mary G. from US
| Oct. 08, 2018 23:22
have philippine passport, enter in pudong airport to china port to join a c...
Asked by Nuellisa M. Balbin from Philippines
| Nov. 22, 2016 18:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)