Asked by Tom F. from USA | Nov. 29, 2016 09:20
About:Shanghai Maglev Train Ticket

I have an upcoming 2- 3 week business trip to Shanghai.

And I plan on extensive use of the subway and train systems.
Is there a transportation card I can buy ahead of time (perhaps online) that will cover numerous trips on the subway system? Is there a separate card available for buses?

Answers (1)
Answered by Cheryl from United Kingdom | Nov. 30, 2016 02:17
Yes! You can buy a Three Day Travel Pass at the Ticketing Window of all Subway Stations. It is not available online. It costs CNY 45. It can be used to ride all the subway lines (except maglev train) within 72 hours after swiping it for the first time at the entrance gate.

In addition, you can buy a transportation smart card, which is applicable on buses, taxis, subway, maglev train, etc. You need to pay CNY 20 as the deposit, and add some value to it. :)
Related Questions:
Eligible for 72 hour stay?
Asked by Chelly from Canada
| Apr. 26, 2018 14:35
Hi. I live in Johannesburg and I'd like to apply for a single-entry, bus...
Asked by Ms.T Alswang from South Africa
| May. 21, 2010 22:09
US > Beijing > Shanghai > Seoul (US Passport holder)
Asked by Susan from USA
| Oct. 18, 2016 21:54
UK Citizen - China Visa
Asked by Robert Ward from United Kingdom
| Nov. 07, 2011 22:13
I have a trip planned for this upcoming November. What is the weather usual...
Asked by Laura from USA
| Sep. 05, 2013 00:45
As the dates for aug-oct is tentative, how should this be addressed inside ...
Asked by Mk11 from Singapore
| Jun. 25, 2014 03:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)