Asked by Oksana from Ukraine | Nov. 16, 2016 04:10
About:China Embassy in Ukraine

S1 visa for a husband (already in China)

Hello! I and my husband are in China. He has a tourist L type. I have a working Z type. Can we get a long term family visit S1 type for him if he is in China?

Answers (3)
Answered by Vivian from Germany | Nov. 16, 2016 20:28
Oksana, yes, it is possible for him to get an S1 type while in China. He can first prepare those documents including passport, the application form, a half-length bareheaded color photo, valid registration form of temporary residence, an invitation letter from you and copies of your passport and residence permit, and your marriage certificate. Next, go to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB to convert the L type to S1 type.
Answered by Oksana from Ukraine | Nov. 17, 2016 04:22
Thank you! And 2 more questions: do we need an original of our marriage certificate, or color scan will be ok? And how long will the process of getting this visa take (his L type ends an the end of December, do we have enough time i mean)?
Answered by Vivian | Nov. 17, 2016 21:29
The original marriage certificate is needed.
It may take 7 working days to convert the L type to S1 type. After that, 30 days are needed to apply for the residence permit. I think time is enough if you apply for it now.
Related Questions:
S1 Visa converts
Asked by Umer from Pakistan
| May. 05, 2016 21:15
How to change a S1 visa into a Z type?
Asked by Chris from Cuba
| May. 04, 2017 21:21
The best visa type for being a spouse of some foreigners in China
Asked by HUMA from PAKISTASN
| Oct. 20, 2014 22:07
change visa from s1 to z
Asked by Avery from Philippines
| Jun. 05, 2018 03:42
I've been offered job in China on Z visa . My Kiwi (NZ) husband wants to co...
Asked by S Jones from UK
| Mar. 31, 2014 03:14
my husband is in china with Z visa, What type i have to apply for , whether...
Asked by Avanthi from India
| Sep. 13, 2014 03:16
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)