Asked by Robert from Netherlands | Nov. 16, 2016 02:59
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Can the third country just be a transit back to country of origin?

Taipei > Shanghai > HK > Taipei

This itinerary should be OK to apply for 72/144 hr free transit on arrival correct? But just want to ask is it still OK if HK is just a transit stop to Taipei? In other words, I have a return ticket (multi-city) from Taipei to Shanghai but the return leg is via HK, just so I can apply for the China transit visa. Is that still OK?

Answers (1)
Answered by Tracy from South Africa | Nov. 16, 2016 19:46
Yes, this itinerary Taipei > Shanghai > HK > Taipei is eligible for the 72/144 hour free transit.
You can just make a transit stop in HK. Don’t worry! It is still okay for you to enjoy free transit in Shanghai as long as you transit in Shanghai for not more than 144 hours.
Related Questions:
Traveling from San Francisco to Manila, to Beijing, to San Francisco
Asked by liver from USA
| Nov. 27, 2016 21:21
Does transiting mean I can't fly Osaka Beijing Tokyo?
Asked by Simeon from Australia
| Jul. 25, 2014 21:45
Could I just fly from Singapore and come back to singapore for Guilin?
Asked by Prashant Kothari from Singapore
| Jun. 13, 2015 04:37
Definition of Transit
Asked by Chris from Ukraine
| Mar. 23, 2016 22:54
if i fly for shanghai on a 72 hours visa ( now 144 hours ) can i leave for ...
Asked by ksn from denamrk
| Feb. 23, 2016 03:36
hi student frm africa study in malysia but want to change to china so can i...
Asked by sije from Burundi
| Nov. 21, 2013 03:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)