Asked by Roxane from China | Sep. 01, 2016 11:07
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

I have a L visa

I'm a French student going to study at the CFAU in Beijing for a year. To do my one year student X type I needed an admission letter from my university in China that never arrived. Consequently the university told me to go in PRC with a L type. I'm now in PRC for a week, I've done health examination but I wonder how to apply for a residence permit with my L type. Is it possible ? Moreover I don't have the accomodation registration printout because it wasn't necessary with a L type. Is that a problem ?
My L type expires in 3 weeks will it be enough to get my residene permit ?
Eventually I'm currently in an Airbnb rent and the owner isn't available for the residency registration, how can I do ?
Thank you so much in advance for your help, I'm really panicking right now and need some answers.

Answers (1)
Answered by Leslie from Denmark | Sep. 01, 2016 22:45
Roxane, you cannot apply for the residence permit with a tourist L type.
If you can get relevant documents from the school after entering PRC, you can try to change the L type to student X1 type and then you can apply for the residence permit with the X1 type.
If you apply for the X1 type now, you can get the residence permit in time.
You can get the residency registration form at the exit and entry administration of the local public security bureau.
Related Questions:
change of tourist visa to X type
Asked by Renne from Zimbabwe
| Mar. 17, 2015 04:45
Have ten-year L-visa but need F-type for lectures this summer. Will I lose ...
Asked by Simon from South Korea
| May. 04, 2017 04:08
If I go to china by L visa can I change it in china or have a residence per...
Asked by dorna from Iran
| Mar. 15, 2017 22:32
chinese visa is up to april but i came hong kong before the date
Asked by dhihu from Maldives
| Feb. 06, 2014 00:27
I stay in New Zealand and l have fiji passport do l need visa to travel to ...
Asked by Nathan sharma from New Zealand
| Apr. 05, 2016 02:53
I have an SA permit but l am zimbabwe it is a Relative Permit, can l apply ...
Asked by Dag mawande from Zimbabwe
| Jul. 10, 2016 02:50
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)