Asked by Les from South Africa | Aug. 22, 2016 20:45
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

I have been on an S1 type for a year.

My spouse has found a new job in a different city in China (Beijing). I have been offered an internship after my S1 type expires. I would like to apply for a visa permitting me to work as an intern for 3 to 6 months.

The company has sent me an invitation letter for internship. What is the best possible way for converting from an S1 type to a work ( internship) Z type?

My S1 type is now due and I have now applied for a 1 month short-term stay visa. I want to apply for the relevant visa in the next month in Beijing.

Is it possible to successfully apply for the work / internship Z type when I get to Beijing? Or would I have to go back to my home country to make the application?
Kind regards

Answers (1)
Answered by Valentina from Italy | Aug. 23, 2016 20:32
Les, you can try to apply for a work Z type in Beijing. If it can be done, you don’t need to go back to your home country.
You should first prepare the relevant documents: your passport, a completed application form attached with a passport-style photo, valid registration form of temporary residence, an invitation letter of a duly authorized unit and work permit. And then submit the application to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB to apply for the work Z type.
Related Questions:
S1 Visa to Z
| Apr. 05, 2016 03:52
Z Visa or Residence Permit
Asked by Clark from Canada
| May. 18, 2017 04:40
I have Z type, need to apply for S1 or S2?
Asked by Courtney from China
| Jan. 16, 2018 02:36
Is it possible to change S1 visa to X1 type.
Asked by raihan nowab from Bangladesh
| Jan. 15, 2018 02:02
Can I get an S1 visa to China from Thailand?
| Jan. 07, 2015 02:27
Notifying and Authenticating marriage certificate for S1 type.
Asked by Michael from Australia
| Mar. 30, 2015 04:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)