Asked by EW from UK | Aug. 15, 2016 20:08
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Flying to HK via Guangzhou

I am wondering if I still qualify for the 72 hour free transit if I buy a one way ticket from Seoul to Guangzhou and a one way ticket to Hong Kong leaving Guangzhou two days later.

Even though those flights are not part of a single booking, would it still be possible to get the transit visa?

Also, if the GZ free transit provides access to the whole province, would it be possible to leave Guangzhou via train to go to HK instead of flying?

Answers (1)
Answered by Charlotte from Denmark | Aug. 15, 2016 22:51
EW, two one-way tickets are okay. You can still enjoy the 72 hour free transit in Guangzhou and you are allowed to travel around Guangdong Province when using the 72 hour free transit. But if you go to HK by train, you cannot enjoy the 72 hour free transit which is only applicable to flight travelers.
Related Questions:
I am flying from bkk to hk Via Guangzhou. Can I get a visa for the Canton ...
Asked by james from USA
| Oct. 10, 2012 21:48
round trip or not?
Asked by LEna from Spain
| Sep. 11, 2014 20:59
Karachi to Guangzhou via HK
Asked by Atif from Pakistan
| Mar. 26, 2014 01:55
Hong Kong to Vietnam by Train
Asked by Dave from Netherlands
| Jun. 28, 2015 01:06
do I qualify for the 72 hour visa free policy??
Asked by Ellen from Sweden
| Feb. 16, 2016 20:56
How can I get to Guangzhou Landmark International Hotel via HK airport? Tha...
Asked by Ms.Ng from Singapore
| Sep. 10, 2009 21:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)