Asked by Hannah from Australia | Jul. 10, 2016 18:57
About:China Visa Fees

Wanting to backpack around for 30 days


My husband and I would like to enter china in November and stay for 30 days. We like to travel without bookings as we enjoying finding things once we arrive. However, due to tight visa requirements I don't know if this is possible? We will enter china via plane and exit via the Trans-Mongolian rail which we plan to buy in Beijing. To get an entry permit do we absolutely have to provide hotel bookings??? is there a way around this? We also do not know anyone in China ( we know a few people from Hong Kong) so how do we get around the invitation letter?


Answers (1)
Answered by Mary from Australia | Jul. 11, 2016 02:39
Hannah, if you don't want to provide the hotel bookings and the train ticket exiting China, you have to submit an invitation letter. If you can't privide the invitation letter either, I have only one solution for you. You can book the round-trip tickets and hotel booking by a travel agency, and then use the booking orders to apply for the L type. Then you can cencel the bookings. By this way, you just need to pay a small amount of service fee to the travel agency.
Related Questions:
Wanting to travel China for a period of 2 months?
Asked by Matt from Australia
| Dec. 10, 2015 02:28
Are you allowed to freely backpack around China?
Asked by Ms.Betty from USA
| May. 09, 2009 22:01
Can I get a tourist visa to stay in China for 6 months?
Asked by roxy from england
| Nov. 05, 2011 21:53
Dear Sir/Madam, Im planning to do some backpack travelling to China whic...
Asked by Ms.Ng from Malaysia
| Apr. 15, 2009 22:03
Hi! I am planning a backpack trip with 6 of us. We r flying Airasia arrivin...
Asked by Ms.Teng from Malaysia
| Sep. 17, 2010 01:52
Hi, I plan to backpack through China (less than 30 days). I am an Australi...
Asked by Mr.Benjamin from Australia
| Sep. 04, 2009 01:27
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)