Asked by Philip Walson from USA | Jun. 17, 2016 07:03
About:China Consulates in Italy

I am a US citizen and need a visa to go to China to give an invited lecture

I live in Germany but have a condo near Florence. I have been invited to give a lecture in PRC next October.
I have a formal invitation and emails stating I will be given round trip airfare and provided with a room while I am in Zhuhai but do not yet have my ticket or hotel reservation.
Can I get a visa at the Consulate when I am in Florence next week?
Prof. Philip D. Walson, MD

Answers (1)
Answered by Ralph from Denmark | Jun. 18, 2016 01:38
Philip, if you don’t have residence permit in Italy, you’d better apply for it at the CVASC in Germany.
If you want to apply in Italy, you should apply for it at the CVASC in Italy, not the consulate general of PRC. You should submit the application to the CVASC in Roma or Milan according to the area you live.
Related Questions:
What type of visa for giving a lecture and then traveling?
Asked by Claudia from USA
| Mar. 08, 2017 21:01
I wonder if the trip: Taipei - Hefei - Hong Kongh is acceptable for the 14...
Asked by Donati from Italy
| Oct. 16, 2018 09:00
Not sure what type of visa would be easiest or best given?
Asked by talker from USA
| Mar. 09, 2015 22:42
Can you please confirm that as an American citizen arriving from Geneva, Sw...
Asked by Mr.Franke from USA
| Apr. 08, 2011 21:28
Return flight passes through Shanghai
Asked by Anthony from USA
| Aug. 05, 2016 02:25
Do I need a VISA for my entry to China?
Asked by Prof. Nicolas Christodoulou from CYPRUS
| May. 16, 2013 01:15
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)