Asked by Ryan from USA | Apr. 19, 2016 03:09
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Hong Kong -> Shanghai -> Tokyo

So for our trip, we'll be flying into Pudong Airport from Hong Kong. After staying in Shanghai, we'll be flying out to Tokyo. Would this 144 hours apply? and do we ask them at the check in counter or when we literally board the plane? Also, how would the hotel register for us? Do we just show them the arrival/departure card?

Answers (1)
Answered by Whitney from New Zealand | Apr. 19, 2016 22:17
Ryan, it is eligible for the 144 hour free transit.
When you board the plane, you should inform the carrier that you will use the 144 hour free transit in Shanghai and then the carrier will declare your request to the Shanghai airport immigration inspection office. Upon arrival, you can handle the relevant procedures and then enjoy the free transit.
When you go to the hotel, you can just show your passport and then the hotel will register for you.
Related Questions:
Routing verifiication
Asked by Jason from USA
| Jun. 26, 2018 22:48
144 hour free visa-can I get 144 hour free visa and stay in Shanghai for my...
Asked by Eddie from United Kingdom
| Mar. 22, 2018 04:26
We will be on a cruise ship, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo.... Do we ...
Asked by sandra from Australia
| Jan. 10, 2017 19:47
Can I use 72 hour free transit instead of a visa?
Asked by Sean Mahoney from United Kingdom
| Aug. 14, 2017 00:33
Do I qualify for via exemption?
Asked by Mike from United Kingdom
| Aug. 27, 2018 19:43
Lisa - US / Shanghai 72 Hour / 144 Hour or Regular Visa ?
Asked by Lisa from USA
| Jun. 26, 2017 12:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)