Asked by Yvonne Meulenbroek from Canada | Jan. 25, 2016 03:05
About:China Transit Visa

Flying from the Philippines to Guangzhou, taking the train to Hong Kong

Hi there! I am a Canadian citizen travelling to Guangzhou on a temporary passport (expiring in September), and hoping to take the train from Guangzhou to Hong Kong for another flight. Will this be permitted with no visa? And do you think the fact that it's a temporary passport might be a problem?

It might be important for me to add that I'm intending to fly from Hong Kong to Haikou (Hainan) to take advantage of the visa-on-arrival for the island. Do you think I might run into any troubles here with the temporary passport, too? Would like to be somewhat assured before I buy the HK - Haikou flight.

Answers (1)
Answered by Zoe from Spain | Jan. 25, 2016 20:21
Yvonne, if you stop in Guangzhou for less than 24 hours, you don’t need an entry permit because you are eligible for the 24 hour direct transit. I think temporary passport is okay. You can use it to apply for VOA in Haikou. I don’t think you will run into any troubles. Don’t worry!
Related Questions:
Do I need a visa for a day trip in Guangzhou?
Asked by Annette from Australia
| Apr. 13, 2013 03:39
Traveling from Hong Kong
Asked by robin from usa
| Dec. 01, 2015 01:25
Hong Kong to Guangzhou by train 2 day visit - 72 hr transit?
Asked by H from Australia
| Aug. 25, 2017 05:36
Sydney-Guangzhou-Hong Kong
Asked by M from United Kingdom
| Jan. 21, 2015 01:15
Is it possible to enter China mainland (on transit visa) twice?
Asked by Yuri from Seoul
| Dec. 23, 2013 20:38
I will be traveling May 2018 from US to Hong Kong,
Asked by Kim from USA
| Dec. 17, 2017 21:04
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)