Asked by Patty from Colombia | Nov. 25, 2015 19:20
About:China Embassy in Colombia

Can I apply for a Chinese spouse visa in USA if I'm not a resident?

Hi, I just got married to an American citizen. We're temporary living in California. But we're moving to China soon. My husband will apply for a Student X type, and I'll apply for a spouse type. Can I apply here in the United States even though I'm not a resident? If the answer is no, can I mail my passport to the PRC consulate in Colombia (where I'm originally from) so they can process it there. I don't want to go all the way back to Colombia just for that.

Answers (1)
Answered by Danis from Mexico | Nov. 26, 2015 03:33
Patty, it's possible for you to apply from the USA. However, if the officer says you can't from there, you should not mail your passport to Comlimbia and process the entry permit. This is not allowed. You should try your best to apply from the USA.
Related Questions:
can bangladesh passport apply china entry permit from india
Asked by shashish singhal from India
| Feb. 03, 2015 02:47
Im a Nigerian student in USA can i apply for china visa and go for spring b...
Asked by DEEDEE from Nigeria
| Nov. 08, 2016 21:50
can i apply for work permit visa along with spouse visa? simultaneously?
Asked by umair from pakistan
| Jul. 03, 2018 20:24
I have a uk passport with resident card. I live in the USA but am not a cit...
Asked by Usa from Sharon Simon
| Oct. 06, 2013 02:24
Hi, my name is Holden and I'm from Angolan.
Asked by Holden from Angola
| Jan. 29, 2018 21:50
Can a permanent resident for spouse reunion work legally using this visa?
Asked by Sam from United Kingdom
| Mar. 30, 2017 01:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)