Asked by Trish from Philippines | Oct. 11, 2015 23:37
About:Top 8 Reasons Why Your China Visa Gets Rejected

Can I reapply for a new Z visa even if I still have a valid residence permit?


I have a residence permit still valid until next month, I transferred to a new employer and I got all the documents needed for me to reapply a Z type in my home country. I am just not sure if the consulate in my home country will accept and issue a new Z type for me as I still have a residence permit. Do I need to have it cancelled first before I can apply for a new Z type from another employer? I wish you could help me with this.

Also, I have resigned and got a new employer now, I haven't started my new job yet as I waited for my new work permit and the documents from my new employer. I did not go home as they told that there is no need for me to exit China, so I stayed and waited for all the documents. Unfortunately, after I got all the necessary documents, the person in charge of my Z type told me that because each city in PRC has different policies, so I need to go home and apply a new Z type in my country instead of just transferring my residence permit in PRC. Is my stay here considered illegal, even though I am not working yet?

I hope you can give me some advice regarding my concerns. Thank you!


Answers (1)
Answered by Danis from Russia | Oct. 12, 2015 04:15
Trisha, since your residence permit is still valid, you do not overstay in PRC. What you need to do is to cancel your residence permit at the local exit and entry administration office and apply for an exit visa. Then apply for a new Z type outside PRC.
Related Questions:
Can I get it with my residence permit or do I need to renew my Z visa?
Asked by Anna from China
| Mar. 27, 2012 23:05
Applying for tourist visa while having a residence permit
Asked by Martin from Canada
| Nov. 20, 2011 21:22
How can I apply for the residence permit
Asked by ACH from United Kingdom
| Sep. 26, 2013 04:06
Dear experts, I came to china with Z visa for a company. My resident per...
Asked by Mr.Tomy from Ind
| Oct. 15, 2009 04:48
I arrived in China on a Z visa, but the company changes its minds and won't...
Asked by cat from China
| Jun. 30, 2011 22:21
I got my Z visa and have applied for temporary residence.
Asked by Andrew from China
| Apr. 06, 2016 22:16
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)