Asked by Parry from China | Aug. 12, 2015 02:22
About:China Family Reunion Visa

Q2 to Q1 visa in Beijing?

I am a UK citizen. My wife is a Chinese citizen. We both live in Beijing. She is from Kunming. I applied for a Q type in the UK and they gave me a Q2, 1 year, multi entry type. However...the duration of each stay is 30 days. Can this Q1 be changed to a Q2 at the PSB in Beijing or will it need to be done outside?

Answers (5)
Answered by Vanesa from Jamaica | Aug. 13, 2015 03:35
Parry, you can change the Q2 type to Q1 at the PSB in Beijing or Kunming. If it's not feasible, you need to apply for a Q1 type from outside instead of changing the Q2 ro Q1.
Answered by Raj from India | Jul. 14, 2019 22:16
I asked Chinese Embassy in India to change my Q2 visa to Q1 visa but they said this can not be changed since visa is still Valid.Any advice? Thank you so much
Answered by Elinor from USA | Jul. 14, 2019 22:58
Dear, you may change it at local PSB in Beijing or Kunming. Have a try!
Answered by Raj from India | Jul. 15, 2019 07:02
Hi , Thank you!

Is this possible to make it in Wuhan PSB?
Answered by Elinor from USA | Jul. 15, 2019 18:13
Yes, it is possible.
Related Questions:
Are you allowed to go into employment on the Q1 or Q2 visa?
Asked by Jack from UK
| Jul. 16, 2018 18:37
Can i change my Q2 visa to Q1 type in China? My wife is Chinese
Asked by Steven from India
| May. 30, 2016 04:34
I have a Q2 visa and want to change to Q1
Asked by Rushell Yang from Philippines
| Sep. 14, 2017 21:50
Can I able to start or open company or restorent while staying in China wit...
Asked by Puneeth from India
| Feb. 22, 2018 00:18
Hi, now i have a q2 visa. If it expired can i renew my in China and convert...
Asked by queenie from malaysia
| Jul. 10, 2015 02:31
Any type of family reunion visa health checkup is required
Asked by Dulal from Bangladesh
| Apr. 03, 2017 01:13
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)