Asked by marilou arias from Philippines | Apr. 09, 2015 09:57
About:China Private Visit Visa

can s2 visa can apply resident permit?

my daughter and i have an s2 double entry and valid until sep. 20 2015, and now my husband and i plan to get a resident permit wen we get there, my husband work there for almost 12 years..and planning to raise our only daughter in shanghai. my question is it is possible an s2 can get a resident permit?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mary from Ireland | Apr. 10, 2015 02:22
Marilou, you can apply for the S1 type if you plan to stay longer time in Shanghai. It is a single entry one which is valid for 30 days. After you get the S1 type, you need to change it to a temporary resident permit within 30 days.

It requires the invitation letter from your husand, copies of his passport information page and resident permit, your marriage certificate and kids' birth certificate.

I personally think you should apply in Canada after your current S2 type expires. You know, you need also to get your marriage certificate and kids' birth certificate to be certified by your Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Chinese embassy.
Related Questions:
Ok, I am American citizen. Marrying a guy in China.
Asked by Sarah from USA
| Oct. 11, 2016 04:49
I want to invite my mother on S2 however my resident visa is valid till May...
Asked by Mayank from India
| Mar. 26, 2018 03:06
Can l apply for a resident permit with an Emergency Travel Document?
Asked by Scal from Zimbabwe
| Oct. 31, 2017 22:07
Can S2 Chinese visa will get converted to residence permit?
Asked by JAY from India
| Mar. 01, 2016 01:33
S2 to temporary residence permit
Asked by julie from phlippines
| Oct. 13, 2013 03:40
Can my married sister apply for a S2 visa. I am working in China and has a ...
Asked by Gloria R. Duldulao from Philippines
| Feb. 12, 2017 20:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)