Asked by Oliver from Switzerland | Feb. 01, 2015 22:20
About:China Embassy in Vietnam

Tourist Visa in HCM before Tet?

Hi. I am Swiss Citizen and plan to travel to China in March. I heard that obtaining the Visa in HongKong is more difficult and more expensive than in Vietnam. Due to the Holidays coming up I wonder wheter I can get my entry permit in Ho Chi Minh City? I plan to leave China by Train (to Mongolia) - do I need to buy it beforehand and enclose a copy? Any other tips or requirements for a swiss citizen traveling by himself?
Thank you very much!

Answers (1)
Answered by Nelson from Canada | Feb. 02, 2015 21:36
It's said that the Tet holiday lasts from Feb. 16 to 23, but I don't know whether the consulate will close on these days. You can contact the consulate to make it clear. You should buy the traint tickets before submit the application. Besides, if you apply for the tourist L type entry permit from Vietnam, you should provide the original and photocopy of your legal stay permit in Vietnam.
Related Questions:
i am from india but working in vietnam.can i apply/get tourist visa in hcm ...
Asked by Mr.jimmy from india
| Mar. 21, 2010 03:52
Dutch citizen, but arriving from Vietnam in Shanghai
Asked by Toine from The Netherlands
| Apr. 23, 2016 22:11
Chinese M (Business), 6 month, multi-entry
Asked by Heinz from Germany
| Jan. 03, 2017 21:18
Will I be able to get a visa to explore the city during my 14 hr layover?
Asked by Veronica from USA
| Jun. 11, 2015 01:27
can 144 hour free visa for both Shanghai and Beijing?
Asked by Neal Tran from USA
| Oct. 09, 2018 23:33
I am flying from Ho Chi Minh to Beijing and then to Paris
Asked by Jenny from France
| Jun. 05, 2017 02:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)