Asked by Ken from Nicaragua | Jan. 05, 2015 19:23
About:China Embassy in Costa Rica

Tourist visa for U.S. citizen with permanent residence in Nicaragua

Hello, I'm a US citizen living in Nicaragua. However I have a "cedula de residencia" for Nicaragua. Is it possible to travel to San Jose and obtain a L type for mainland china in one day? If I submit my information before 11am, what time the next day could I have my U.S. passport? Is it true that we can ask for a 10 year one now? One last question, what all do I need to bring with me to submit with the application? (Since I will be traveling to San Jose from Managua and only staying for one day and I don't want to leave anything travel to China is planned for the last week of February) Thank You!

Answers (1)
Answered by Kate from Honduras | Jan. 12, 2015 03:15
Ken, it's true that US citizens can apply for the 10 years L type. The requirements are almost the same. However, you just need to make sure that your passport is valid for 1 year at least. Seriously, I am not sure if you can get the 10 years one from the embassy in San Jose. You'd beter confirm with the embassy.

According to what I know, the consular office is open for reception from 09:00 to 12:00 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It means that you can only submit your application on the reception days. If you use rush service and submit your application on Monday, you will receive it on Wednesday.
Related Questions:
Visa costs for a UK citizen residing in Malaysia
Asked by mohamed from Malaysia
| Feb. 08, 2012 22:21
I am a Nicaragua Citizen, working here in the Philippines holding a ROHQ VI...
Asked by Mr.Lenin Gonzalez from Nicaragua
| Dec. 07, 2009 22:26
Dear Ambassador Wang Xiaoyuan, I am a British Citizen currently residing...
Asked by Ms.Jennifer Daykin from England
| May. 20, 2010 23:19
US citizen getting married to a Chinese Citizen
Asked by Amelia from USA
| Nov. 19, 2014 19:25
19 month son traveling to China
Asked by Jim from USA
| Nov. 22, 2016 21:29
Visa and/or travel document
Asked by Jimmy Harsson from USA
| Dec. 11, 2016 20:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)