Asked by Peter from USA | Dec. 14, 2014 18:20
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

I am a US citizen working in China on a residence permit. How do I get residence permit for my wife?

My wife and I had our marriage registered in Tianjin just last month. My wife is back in Russia (she is a Russian citizen), and has been here in China for last year and a half on a tourist visa. We now want to get her a residence permit (as my spouse). Must she do this in Russia, or can it be done the next time she comes to China?
Please detail the exact procedure we must follow to get her a residence permit so she will not have to travel ech month.

Answers (1)
Answered by Heidi from Djibouti | Dec. 15, 2014 02:38
Peter, she'd better apply for a S1 type from Chinese embassy in Russia. Excluding her passport, application form and a recent passport photo, you need to send her an invitation letter, copies of your passport information and visa pages, your marriage certificate (original and copy versions).

After she gets her S1 type, she needs to change it into a temporary resident permit within 30 days when she arrives in China.
Related Questions:
Urgent Question! I am an Indian citizen currently working in the US on a H...
Mr.SURAJCZ from United States
| Dec. 06, 2010 22:10
Hello, I am a US citizen who holds a Chinese temporary residence permit....
Asked by Ms.Yang from Hong Kong
| Jun. 10, 2010 02:57
Which visa do I need for my children?
Asked by DA from China
| Apr. 05, 2016 03:45
US citizen in Fiji
Asked by Chang Fei from USA
| Aug. 22, 2016 04:28
Do I need to leave China and go abroad to get a Family Visit Visa?
Asked by Piet Verhagen from China
| Jan. 19, 2015 01:09
Is it possible for a Belgian citizen to renew his/her Belgian passport in C...
Asked by J. Smeets from China
| Feb. 07, 2012 03:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)