Asked by Kathia from Mexico | Dec. 04, 2014 17:53
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

Visa question about take a cruise

I am traveling to Honk Kong from Mexico to take a cruise that starts in Hong Kong. My flight leaves Mexico City and arrives in Shanghai. That same day I take a flight to Hong Kong. I will board the ship that day (Dec 21) and the ship leaves on the 22nd to Vietnam.
The ship ends in Singapur on Jan 3. I fill fly from Singapore on Dec 4th to Shanghai and then to Mexico City on that same day.

Do I need a permit? I am confused since I was told I don't need it for Hong Kong, but I am going through Shanghai.

Please let me know if I need it and if so which type.

Kathia Contreras

Answers (1)
Answered by Edison from Malaysia | Dec. 04, 2014 19:55
You also do not need that for transfering in Shanghai.

Your first transit is Mexico - Shanghai - HK and stay for less than 72 hours, you are able to enjoy the 72-hour free transit. Your second trip is Singapore - Shanghai - Mexico, you are still qualified for the 72-hour free transit. Just remember to inform the airline that you want to enjoy this policy when boarding from the departure country. Enjoy your trip ~
Related Questions:
Cruise departing from and returning to Shanghai
Asked by Keith from USA
| Jul. 30, 2016 22:09
Do I need visa when i cruising on a ship and one day stay in Sanya island C...
Asked by andreja from slovenia
| Feb. 03, 2015 01:56
Rooms on Yangtze cruise
Asked by Phillip from Australia
| Oct. 16, 2017 02:34
I will be flying from the US to Shanghai Pudong airport then board the crui...
Asked by Joy from USA
| Nov. 01, 2016 22:17
Question about the Yangtze cruise
Asked by Perez from USA
| Jul. 06, 2017 01:03
What visa is needed to visit Hong Kong & then take cruise through to 2 citi...
Asked by Harvey from Usa
| Mar. 08, 2017 00:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)