Asked by Caleb Kramer | Nov. 05, 2014 10:29
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

I have a plane ticket from Taipei to Shanghai and then onto NYC. Do I need a visa?

Here are the specific dates.

Arrive (From Taipei) Shanghai Pu Dong Apt, CN (PVG)
03-Dec-14 (Wed) 04:40p

Depart (to NYC) Shanghai Pu Dong Apt, CN (PVG)
05-Dec-14 (Fri) 11:30a

What do I need to do to get the 72-hour free transit? I am staying with an American friend in Shanghai and not a hotel.

Answers (1)
Answered by Gene from USA | Nov. 05, 2014 21:04
You have a USA passport?
If so, you are able to enjoy the 72-hour free transit policy, so that you do not need it for staying in Shanghai.
You need to tell your airline that you want to enjoy this policy. Then prepare your valid passport and your ticket to leave China to apply for a stay permit in the airport. Remember to go to the local police office to get register within 24 hours you reach there.
Related Questions:
Is there limit to how often the 72 hour free visa is used
Asked by dave from USA
| Nov. 16, 2017 20:18
I'm traveling from the NYC to Tokyo. I have a connecting flight in Beijing....
Asked by Artie from USA
| Mar. 26, 2014 21:40
Do I need to have plane ticket first before applying for a Z-Visa?
Asked by Jash from Philippines
| Sep. 22, 2011 00:54
I am arriving on a Cruise Ship from Japan for a 10 hour stop in Shanghai
Asked by Caroline from United Kingdom
| Nov. 05, 2016 02:38
I have a connecting flight from JFK-NYC to Beijing (two hours wait) to Mani...
Asked by Mr.Fernando Dollosa from Denmark
| Apr. 23, 2011 02:04
Is it possible to get a China visa from Taiwan?
Asked by Mr.Dennis Puisto from USA
| Aug. 05, 2009 21:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)