Asked by j from USA | Nov. 03, 2014 16:30
About:China Work Visa

tourist to Z visa

Hi I am a US citizen who is waiting on my new job to complete the application and documents for Work Z. Since I am leaving NYC and going to Seattle (before going to Shanghai) where there is no Chinese consulate, I have a couple questions -- is it possible to mail in my documents to NYC or SF consulate/embassy to get my Z? If not, can I enter Shanghai a week earlier with a tourist type and then leave the country for a couple of days (like go to HK) and then come back with my Z?

Answers (1)
Answered by Edison from USA | Nov. 03, 2014 20:05
The cosulate/embassy does not accept the application by mails. You may try to find a local tour agency to help you to get one when you are in Seattle.

You can enter China with a Tourist L. Then after your documents for applying Work Z are prepared well, you can leave China for your application. Based on my experience, you can try to apply for the Work Z in HK, but it is not assured that you finally get it. Anyway, you can have a try.
Related Questions:
can I convert a tourist visa to z visa while in china
Asked by Ferry Man from Zimbabwe
| Oct. 30, 2017 22:29
is it possible to go to china on a tourist visa, then apply for a Z visa af...
Asked by H T D from USA
| Oct. 13, 2013 22:35
i am currently having a tourist visa and is it possible to apply for a wor...
Asked by kathy from usa
| Mar. 26, 2016 02:21
Tourist Visa to Work Visa
Asked by Dallas from USA
| Jul. 02, 2018 22:52
Apply for tourist visa in China
Asked by Tibor from Hungary
| Feb. 25, 2018 21:17
Hi if I get an invitation letter from China do I need to produce tickets an...
Asked by Mpuni from South Africa
| Feb. 13, 2017 21:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)