Asked by Karena from USA | Sep. 29, 2014 19:15
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

I immigrated to US 15 years ago from China and now want to moving back to China permanently.

My dad is Chinese citizen and lives in China. My mom is Chinese citizen but holds a US green card. How can I get a chinese resident permit?

Answers (1)
Answered by Linda from USA | Sep. 29, 2014 20:36
In general, getting a permanent resident is hard in China. People who want to get a permanent resident card need to live in China for consecutive years or get married with a Chinese guy or make contribution to Chinese society or unmarried person living with their parents in China. Then he/she has is able to apply a resident permit, but whether he/she can get depends on the government.

You can choose to apply for a S1 to live with your father in China first and then seek for for methods or solutions. Or you can consult the local Chinese embassy/consulate and maybe they have better methods.
Related Questions:
What are the requirement, procedures & costs to renew/apply for Hong Kong S...
Asked by B. Lee from Canada
| Jan. 02, 2012 00:26
I'm moving to China from the US how do I enroll my 15 year old daughter in ...
Asked by Cheryl from USA
| Mar. 04, 2014 21:37
Visa for ancestry research in China
Asked by Zhang from Singapore
| Dec. 18, 2012 03:29
Chinese born in China, holding Canadian passport. Can't get a visa on time....
Asked by Maria from Canada
| Oct. 17, 2016 20:11
Leo/Rat born August 4, 1972
Asked by Kim from USA
| Mar. 05, 2017 00:58
I am going to Shenzhen for 1 day trip from Hong Kong.
Asked by Zi from Australia
| Oct. 17, 2018 19:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)