Asked by William from Belgium | Sep. 24, 2014 06:18
About:Shenzhen Travel

May I go to Shenzhen and Guangzhou for 1 or 2 days from (and back to) HK ?

I will be in october in HK for business (Electronic fair). I have 2 days free and I would like to go and visit some suppliers in SZ & Guangzhou. I read that you can apply for a visa for SZ, but can I go with that visa to Guangzhou as well ? Do I have to book the express train from SZ to Guiangzhou in advance (website ?) or do I buy the ticket in the station ? How can I pay in SZ and Guangzhou (HK octopus card, credit card, ... ?) for my small expenses (taxi, ...) ?

Answers (1)
Answered by Tom from United Kingdom | Sep. 24, 2014 21:14
I would recommend you apply for a China visa in advance. With that, you can go to both of the cities. There are many high speed trains between. You can easily purchase a ticket on the spot, no need to book in advance.

In SZ and Guangzhou, you'd better exchange some Chinese yuan in advance for all kinds of payment. And metro system is very convenient in the two cities and the fare is cheap.

There is a kind of Octopus Card named Hu Tong Xing, which can be used in Hk and SZ and you need top up it both with HKD and RMB. In Guangzhou, cash is the best choice.
Related Questions:
will my passport be a problem?
Asked by pavan from India
| May. 06, 2016 22:08
Can I apply for multiple visa to be used for these two places? Plan to app...
Asked by Evlyne from Malaysia
| Feb. 18, 2017 21:36
Help planning my itenerary. (Hong Kong)
Asked by Mr.Alexander from Canada
| May. 11, 2011 02:42
Hello! My family (4 of us... ) will be having our first tour to Hong Kong o...
Asked by Mr.George from Philippines
| May. 06, 2011 03:07
Do I have to extend my visa?? Thanks!
Asked by Gary from Singapore
| Jun. 30, 2014 22:29
hi, im planning to go back to philippines on holiday sept30 & to return on ...
Asked by Ms.zofi from China
| Aug. 31, 2009 03:42
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)